Rangers Job Posting - Administrative Assistant Required
Come work with us! We are looking for an individual to join our team as our Administrative Assistant! Think you or someone you know would be the perfect fit? Apply now!
Professional and friendly individual with a positive and engaging personality to go with strong communication, interpersonal and multi-tasking abilities.
* Full time receptionist responsible for managing the front desk on a daily basis.
* Professional behaviour and attitude in dealing with public, staff and clients.
* Maintain office in a professional manner.
* Direct administrative support for: Hockey and Business Operations, Sales Staff and Board of Directors.
* Data Entry including Accounts Payable and Invoicing.
* Office maintenance including contact with equipment suppliers, ordering and maintaining office inventory supplies.
English Language – Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle.
* Writing and Speaking – Communicating effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
* Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions when appropriate.
* Coordination and Time Management – Adjusting actions/schedule in relation to others’ actions to ensure deadlines are met.
* Ability to multi-task, work irregular hours and meet deadlines – On occasion, work outside of usual business hours to ensure “hockey season” deadlines are met.
* Confidentiality – ensuring that delicate and sensitive information remains private.
* Proficient in MS Office
* Familiarity with data entry for Sage Accounting Software is an asset
* Communicating with Persons Outside Organization – Communicating with people outside the organization, including subscribers, fans, the public and league personnel.
* Communicating with supervisors, peers or subordinates – Providing information to supervisors and co-workers. Supporting the administrative support needs for various units of the organization.
* Organizing, Planning and Prioritizing Work – Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish your work to meet the various challenging deadlines that occur during the playing season.
* Establish and maintaining interpersonal relationships – Developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal staff, suppliers, player billet families, players families, facility staff and the organization’s Board of Directors while respecting confidentiality.
* Time Management – Scheduling events, programs and activities, as well as the work of others.
Hourly Wage: $18.00 – $20.00
Health and Dental Benefits
Group Retirement Savings Plan
Flexible Summer Hours: June – Mid August
Click here to apply via Indeed.ca
Include cover letter and resume.
Position to be filled immediately.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Preference is that applicants apply via Indeed, however, if you experience issues applying via Indeed.ca, applications may be dropped off in person to the Kitchener Rangers business office during regular business hours. Mon-Thu: 9:30-1 / 2-5pm or Fri 9:30 -1, Entrance off of parking lot A, 1963 Eugene George Way, Kitchener, On.