Updated: Apr 16, 2018
The Ontario Independent Meat Processors (OIMP) is a not-for-profit, board-led association representing over 280 members across Ontario including abattoirs, processing plants, butcher shops, fine food stores, suppliers and partners. As a single and unified voice for meat and poultry processors since 1980, the OIMP provides industry leadership on matters that directly affect its members.
Its objective is to protect, grow, and strengthen the industry to the benefit of all members and best serve Ontario consumers.
The Executive Director provides leadership and direction for the Ontario Independent Meat Processors (OIMP) Association in accordance with the direction of the Board of Directors. Reporting directly to the President, the Executive Director assists the Board in its responsibility for the governance of the association establishing vision, mission, objectives and policies and manages the day-to-day operation. The Executive Director manages the infrastructure of the organization in a manner that allows the OIMP to realize its’ strategic goals. This position is responsible for maintaining and updating OIMP’s strategic plan while working with the Board to influence the direction of industry policies and government while building positive relationships with members to service their needs.
Experience & Skills
• Five to seven (5 – 7) years or substantial management experience in a not for profit with proven general management skills and operational skills.
• A sound knowledge of association management; policy and governance; government relations
• Track record of leadership
• Strong financial acumen - Experience managing and being accountable for financial resources, budgets, contracts, and agreements
• Exceptional ability to communicate effectively (oral, written and presentation skills)
• Ability to motivate and delegate with authority
• Demonstrated track record of being results oriented
• Proven organizational, analytical, strategic planning and project management skills
• Demonstrated ability to create and maintain synergistic relationships
• Experience in working with a Board of Directors, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
• Above average computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Ability and inclination to travel in Ontario
• College or University degree in business, finance or related studies
• Knowledge of Ontario Agri-Food Industry (strong asset)
• Experience advocating on behalf of the food industry is an asset
• Personable and positive
• High moral character and personal integrity
• High level of professionalism
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Ontario Independent Meat Processors Association by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector.
Please visit: http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=23. Select the 'Apply to this Position’ button up top to upload your cover letter and resume by April 13, 2018.
For additional information, please reach out to Fay Rotman at 1.866.647.5149 or 647-338-7706. We request all applications be submitted online only. For technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online only, in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please contact Fay Rotman.
Employer: Ontario Independent Meat Processors Association